Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Windy Weather

Shortly after my last post, I attempted to go to bed, but woke up an hour later to violent wind and rain beating against my bedroom window. At this point I jumped out of bed because I remembered I left the kitchen window open (it was 70 degrees yesterday, so I thought I would take advantage of a nice January Roch day!). Water was rushing through the window. I cleaned up that mess and tried to go back to bed. Between the cats running around the room, and the portrait window directly behind my bed rattling loudly, I didn't get a lot of rest. My dad called at 8 AM to wake me up - not sure if I was even asleep. I looked outside to find huge fallen trees down all over the yard of my apt building. Luckily none hit the building, but it was too close for comfort.

And then a very scary thought... fallen trees & my new car parked out back! I went running out of the apt, and to the parking lot. My car was fine! Whew! Part of the fence around the dumpster had fallen, luckily where no one was parked. Some trees in the back fell, but in the other direction. All I can say is - very lucky!

Milo & Emma are still freaked out a little. Today they followed my boyfriend from room to room, but stayed close to the windows, keeping track of what is going on.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Jane,
Good comments on the "virtual class". Also, I didn't realize that you were such a cat lover! Godsmack? Who would have known.
I hope you are enjoying your blogging experience and don't park under any large trees!
-j-